Before an interview, try and come up with a selection of questions to ask your interviewer. This will help in highlighting your interest in the position.
Try not to ask questions that you should already know the answer to, such as: "what do the company do?"Below is a selection of questions you could consider asking in an interview:
- Why is this position available?
- What exactly will I be doing should I be accepted for the position?
- What is a typical day like for someone in a similar position to the one I am applying for?
- Could you break the position into specific functions?
- Could you explain the company structure?
- Tell me about your style of management and the reporting structure within the company
- Will there be a probation period for this position? How long?
- Will you encourage further education?
- What support can you provide with regards to financial and personal matters?
- How will you measure my performance? How often?
- Will my remuneration be tied to my performance?
- When could we meet again?