What are the typical day-to-day responsibilities of an Accountant?
- Maintaining accounting records and preparing accounts and management information
- Preparing financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts
- Offering expert advice in relation to tax issues
- Assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparing profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports
- Managing ad-hoc administrative functions
- Establishing, maintaining, and coordinating the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
What skills should I highlight in an Accountant’s CV?
- Experience in preparing and reviewing budgets, revenue, expenses, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents
- Proven success in being able to resolve accounting discrepancies
- Knowledge of financial applications and accounting applications, such as Sage
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections