Example job description for a mechanic:
Skills you’ll need to showcase when writing your CV:
- Methodical approach to work with attention to detail
- Understand instructions and clearly and concisely report findings
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of vehicles
- Relevant mechanical training / qualifications
- Experience in preparing vehicles to MOT standards
- Knowledge encompassing relevant Health and Safety Regulations
- Proven experience surrounding the delivery of first class customer service
Other information about becoming a Mechanic
Wages: Wages vary from location to location. As a guide, a basic Mechanic’s salary is in the region of £10,000 – £12,000. As you become more experienced, you can expect to receive around £20,000 to £25,000.
Working hours: The majority of Mechanics work around 35-40 hours a week. Many self employed Mechanics can often work much longer hours than this.
Example Mechanic CV